ENG - Brochure “Mamiani”
“Terenzio Mamiani” State Secondary School
Curricula: Classical Studies, Modern Languages, Humanities, Humanities and Social Sciences
A State Secondary School with a long tradition, founded in 1884 and progressively enriched with new curricula.
|Classical studies: dating back to the school’s foundation in 1884, this course has preserved its strong focus on the humanities, while extending its scope to other subjects.||Human Sciences: instituted by the 2010 high school reform, this is a revised curriculum developed from the preceding Socio-Psycho-Pedagogical course, an experimental high school course authorised by the Ministry of Education in 1992.|
Modern Languages: inaugurated in 1986, it has passed through several school reforms, the latest of which (2010) establishes that students study three foreign languages starting from the first year.
Human Sciences – Socio-Economic Option: this became one of the official curricula offered by Italian secondary schools following the reform of 2010. By applying the tools of Social Sciences to the study of Economics, the course trains students to interpret the economic behaviour of individuals and of public and private organisations.
- Afternoon language courses: Spanish, Russian, Chinese and Arabic, with mother-tongue teachers.
- Foreign language proficiency certification: French (DELF), English (Trinity, Cambridge), German (Goethe Institut), Spanish (DELE)
- ESABAC (Italian-French binational Diploma)
- Reading newspapers (print and online editions)
- Archaeology workshops
- Education to promote legality
- Additional Science seminars (Physics, Astronomy, Biotechnology)
- Education to promote solidarity and integration
- Health Education
- Sports activities and participation in the G.S.S. (school sports competitions)
- Paralympic athletics
- Participation in initiatives promoting excellence (Mathematics Without Borders, Certamina, other competitions)
- Study stays in France, Germany, Spain, Great Britain
- School exchanges
- Educational experience in kindergartens and primary schools
- Theatre workshop in the afternoon
- School + Work Experience
The school facilities
- language laboratories
- computer labs
- two internal and two external gyms
- projection room for Art History
- Assembly Hall
- classes equipped with IWB and Smart TV